Wednesday, September 24, 2014

this past year

this past year

all photographs shot with a pentax honeywell on portra 400

 During this particular time I was about two months away from leaving for Seattle. I spent my days finishing up a semester, going on a trip every single weekend for my wilderness classes, living out of a backpack/getting around by bike, getting rid of most of my things, packing the rest, and sleeping wherever my body was allowed to rest. It was beyond hectic, meaning raw digital files took far too much time to make it worth shooting with my canon, forcing me to turn to my honeywell with a broken meter and film I had previously stocked up on.
I've finally had the chance to process these rolls, and here are the first glimpses of results. I recently started working at a film lab here in Seattle, making these photos the first in a series of dedicated practice toward mastery of light, color, processing, and correction of all kinds of film. They not only document my last wonderful whirlwind days living in Long Beach, but also the things I'm learning here now. 

You'll find simple daily documents, light studies, compositional studies, and fragments of magic. 

And of course, in every single one,
you'll find me. 


 















 













































No comments:

Post a Comment