Tuesday, July 3, 2012

the woman

Allison came over and we revisted the idea of the elaborate wedding dress with a few new locations that I've been wanting to explore. I really miss shooting with my 50mm, it's hard to get the softness I love so much with a higher aperture zoom lens like this one. It's been frustrating shooting, but I'm trying to take it as a learning experience and challenge rather than giving up completely. I just want to get my lens fixed! As you'll see in the photos below, the focus is stuck in one spot, so I have to be very close in order to take the picture. Allison has beautiful features and is easy to shoot close-up, so I tried out a couple of shots with my broken lens on her.
Overall, I can't be upset with any images because at the very least, I'm documenting my summer, spending time and growing closer to a dear friend of mine, and making more out of my summer evenings than I would doing anything else. At least I'm still taking pictures.

first, we shot in an alley by my apartment, since we had about an hour before the sun would set







I have this laundromat by my house that I've been dying to shoot at. I was getting frustrated with my shots and so we only stayed for ten to fifteen minutes. 






Since it didn't seem to be a great photo day, we decided to go to my work and grab a milkshake and take fun pictures there. It ended up being really fun, and I tried out my broken 50mm here for some close-ups of Allison.







I'm really glad we ended up taking pictures, both of us were hesitant due to exhaustion. It's always so great hanging out with her, though! We have the best talks, and conversation flows so freely. We're both just as excited as the other to experience everything life has to offer, and she's there for me in every way that I'm there for her. It's such a wonderful give-and-take relationship, and I value her friendship so much. It's really great to be able to photograph my close friends like I do, I love them so much, I'm so lucky! 

love, Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment