Thursday, October 23, 2014

I got ahold of a roll of expired Ektachrome recently, and I shot it mostly experimentally around my world on the Honeywell, then scanned them on a Noritsu. The colors aren't as vibrant as they could be since it's expired, but they're still beautiful to me. I think it's great that I've gotten to capture the changing seasons here with such a beautiful film. The scans are okay but there's really nothing like looking at slide film through a viewer; it's so ridiculously close to real life in color and contrast and depth! Consider me hooked.  I'm just glad I have these photos on this film :)



The rest were all shot on various formats throughout the last year.

These first few, from climbing with my wilderness loves at Point Dume in Malibu



Then, from desert expedition in the Superstitions :)


These are from the drive up to Ukiah to move Olivia home and me to Seattle. I can't wait to go back there, the amount of trees that are visible there is almost overwhelming, but in a really good way. It's a beautiful place and I miss days spent with those two friends.



(balance is the most important component of stability)

No comments:

Post a Comment