Wednesday, January 8, 2014

the soft days


this is Willa
and these are some fragments from our world

(shot in the incredible Heather Perera's home)
 
                                      
 There was something drastically different about this day than all others on my trip to Seattle. I know part of it was just being with Willa, life always has an extra bit of magic when she's around. Heather is one of those people too, though. Watching her was like watching myself ten years from now, more passionate than ever, open and working, doing only what I love with all the fire behind me. She touched the most special part of my soul.

The rarity of it all struck me to the point where words weren't enough so I didn't say them. It was like an alternate reality here, with possibilities that went on for miles and miles. I couldn't stop shooting. We were under the spell of some beautiful enchantment, so time stopped. All our thoughts melted into the pink walls, through the floor, left us in a state of suspended euphoria that felt like nothing but right.

I fell in love with the world again.

The amount of gratitude I carry with me now is unreal. I never knew it was possible to be so wholly thankful for the way things are at particular moments or for particular people and places. I'm grateful to the point of goosebumps that warm me from the inside out, ending in raw smiles that are capable of lighting up even the darkest of corners.

(thank you, from my whole heart)

 


1 comment: