Thursday, June 20, 2013

venturing to the stars in June

A friend and I adventured to see the stars last night. We drove the whole night through and waited until the moon set so that we could shoot the Milky Way. We ended up with a perfect three hour window between the time the moon set and the sun rose. 

I didn't really retouch the colors in these images. The colors changed a lot on their own as it moved from night into morning. 

Stars are the most incredible things there are, and if you think about it, they're the only things there are! We come from stardust and to stardust we will return. I'll forever be fascinated, I believe.

I know that a lot of the images look the same, but each one really is different and uniquely important.

Stars, driving for hours on roads, winds and headlights and fuzzies, sleeping by boulders, hot desert air, adventures adventures, nothing but love

 













































2 comments:

  1. Hey! I've followed you for ages on tumblr, I really like your photographs! But could you maybe use a bigger font on this blog? It's so tiny, and I usually just use my iPad when reading blogs, and the screen isn't exactly very big...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And seriously, loving these photos, such a beautiful night sky <3

      Delete